A blog about fashion on a budget, DIYs, And living naturally

contact me at votefortennant@gmail.com

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Lazy Summer

Hello! Haven't been on here much because of summer getting to me. no reason to leave the house usually means I'm hanging out in my underwear. Yesterday it was a leotard....all day. I DID throw on a skirt though to make a quick trip to the dollar store. I am a cheapskate, so finding a nail polish brand that does a "good enough" job for only a dollar made me really happy, especially their white! I'm talking about L.A. Colors. My dollar store apparently carries all of their shades, and between my sister and I, I think we do too! I just can't justify spending 8+ dollars one one color when I can spend 5 on 5 colors!
Here is the L.A. colors section of my nail polish collection. The sisters and I did manicures while watching the olympics last night!

here's what I came up with, a slightly modified version of the french mani that TBD posted a fwe days ago. I used L.A. colors's top/base coat, nude, and white. I also added a little blue heart accent. You may notice I have ridiculously tiny nails. it's cause I have really far back nail beds, so even growing them to the tips of my fingers can result in chipping. Plus, not having nails makes picking for guitar much, MUCH easier.

that's the news from lake woebegone! More performances this weekend. OH! And one of my favorite people in the world is coming to visit me, we haven't seen each other in 2 years! more on that later. ciao!

1 comment: