A blog about fashion on a budget, DIYs, And living naturally

contact me at votefortennant@gmail.com

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Ear Candy

Hello there! Today it was once again around a hundred degrees Fahrenheit. All. Day. And I had rehearsal outside of course. We had loads of fun anyway, and made sure to stay well hydrated. I wanted to share with you my ear candy for the day, A totally cool way to make an otherwise plain outfit pop is to add accessories. And I love accessories to a fault.


The hoops are some statement pieces I got in Chicago a couple of years ago, and the ear cuff with the chain is from ebay, the cuff on my upper inner ear is celtic design, also from ebay. I don't have a problem with non-silver/gold metals on my ears, so shopping on Ebay isn't a problem for me, but I wouldn't recommend it if your piercings are sensitive.

The chain was only on one side, on the other I had a white rose stud to offset the stone in the hoops.

To use the heat as an accessory instead of a hinderance I went all out on the eye makeup today... (well, as far as I would go...I'm not one for big flashy colors) and used coral and pink together with a bold liner.


I used a gel liner from ebay, kirkland signature mascara, and pink, coral, and neutral colored eyeshadows from Coastal Scents' original 88 palette. I used cover girl stick concealer as a base. Finally, to make it stand the heat, I used e.l.f's translucent powder.

Don't go out without your sun hats in this heat! This one's my new favorite, $4 from a thrift store, I added the green braid and intend to use all sorts of colors on this hat. Keep cool! Check back tomorrow for a tutorial on how to curl your hair with foam rollers.

No comments:

Post a Comment