A blog about fashion on a budget, DIYs, And living naturally

contact me at votefortennant@gmail.com

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Natural Hair

I don't use shampoo or conditioner. OK! Before you click away from my blog forever because "ew gross..." Let me tell you about how I take care of my hair, without product, and save money while doing so.

Think about the last bottle of shampoo or conditioner you bought. How much did it cost? Probably somewhere in the range of 12-30 dollars. Which is quite a bit of money. What if I told you that your shampoo is stripping your hair of the natural oils and protectants it provides for itself? I use a mix of baking soda and water in place of shampoo, and apple cider vinegar with water for conditioner. My hair has never felt healthier, or stronger, looked shinier, or been easier to style. It's a cheap and natural alternative. I use approximately one tablespoon of baking soda to one cup of water, and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to one cup of water. Scrub, let sit, and rinse just as you would traditional products.

On the note of hair, I was so pleased with how mine turned out today! Styling my hair is one of my favorite ways to amp up an otherwise simple look. I was inspired by the intricate braiding in "Game of Thrones", both on the Kahleesi and the noble women. Amazing styles like

this
And
I decided to combine the two, and came up with a style I was VERY happy with. Right here!

The back!
The side! And my little dragon, also in line
with the Game of Thrones theme here!





















Over all the braids work as a sort of cage for my hair, keeping it up and out of the way, while still long and lovely. I may do the braids thicker next time, but for now I feel like a Kahleesi!

No comments:

Post a Comment