A blog about fashion on a budget, DIYs, And living naturally

contact me at votefortennant@gmail.com

Friday 13 July 2012

Let's talk about the face!

Ok, I consider myself a pretty average girl. Some days I wear makeup, some days I don't. Today we're going to talk about the days I do. Sometimes I just throw on eyeshadow or something from a travel palette, but occasionally I love to look like a pinup, with a close-to-flawless complexion, and classy eyes and lips.

To Start, moisturizing is very important. Not only does it keep your skin healthier, it helps the makeup stay on. I use:

 Olay Active Hydrating cream. It's scentless, light, and non-oily.


Followed by Clinique's redness solutions tinted green moisturizer. I have some very pink rosacea on my cheeks that is hard to cover up with just foundation. The green tint cancels out the red, and minimizes how much red shows through.

Finally, my new best friend, e.l.f's mineral face primer. It doesn't make me break out, and it lets my liquid foundation stick on evenly and smoothly.

On a day like today when I decide to wear foundation, My regimen could include any or all of the following items.

e.l.f's high definition powder in translucent, cover girl's light liquid concealer, neutrogena's healthy skin liquid foundation (with and without salicylic acid)on 10 Classic Ivory, wet and wild's solid stick concealer, and neutrogena's mineral sheers loose powder foundation.

to apply liquid foundation I use this brush. Unknown brand, natural fibers, bought on ebay. It's smooth and silky, and I love ow it erases any lines and applies smoothly over all areas of my skin. It's easily cleanable with baking soda or shampoo. I apply the liquid foundation with salicylic acid in my T-zone (forehead and nose area) while using the regular healthy skin formula on the rest of my face.

Next I can either use the translucent powder or the mineral powder depending on the look I am going for. Today I used the mineral foundation , which provides a smooth, matte look over the whole face. applied with this brand-less brush from ebay.
finally, for a summery look, I used a contouring brush to apply e.l.f's warm bronzer, focusing on the cheek bones. I don't use bronzer in the winter, but it helps you look fresher and not-washed-out in the summer months.
All that's left is to apply eyeshadow, this is coastal scent's 88 palette in original. I also used a small brush in one of the browns o use this as eyeliner. I used Covergirl's lash blast mascara in brown today.


And Lip stick. I always apply a moisturizing chapstick before applying lipstick to avoid the dry feeling. Today I used lip Vitamin's Almond chapstick. Topped off with Clinique's lipstick in Ginger Flower.

THERE! A classy, every day, yet oh-so-sophisticated look that can easily be worn on a regular day, or for a special event. Granted it's a little high maintenance, but if you want the look, I'd say this is the way to do it!

All done! There is no editing on this picture. Just makeup. And with my hair styled from TBD's tutorial HERE, I feel amazingly cool and classy

No comments:

Post a Comment